Calling all UK Black creatives! Ivan Michael Blackstock’s production company Altruviolet is looking for the next generation of UK Black creative visionaries to embark on the journey of its new multimedia dance production Traplord.
Traplord is a poetic reflection on Black masculinity and mental health from multi-disciplinary artist, dancer, choreographer and curator Ivan Michael Blackstock (Beyonce, Nowness, Dizzee Rascal, CRXSS PLATFXRM).
Altruviolet is looking for:
- UK Black artists aged 18-30
- Filmmakers and Content Creators who can express interest in developing bold work around the subject of mental health in relation to the Black experience
- Artists available for 8 internship sessions (March – May)
The selected artists will receive:
- An internship fee of £125/session
- The opportunity to work with the creative team on the development of digital content that could be part of the marketing campaign and live stage work
- Creative mentoring sessions from industry professionals
- The opportunity to be part of a collective of creators and extend their professional network