Career Pathway Programme for Schools
The I AM CHANGE Career Pathway Programme for Schools has been developed by the Damilola Taylor Trust with 2020CHANGE and with the support of The Mayor of London.
A pilot programme is being implemented in two Harris Academies in South London in early 2020 with the intention of rolling out the programme to four other schools in the next two years.
Each cohort will be of about 20 young people and the programme will last for at least 15 weeks. The first cohort started in February 2020 and the second is planned to start in March 2020. At the time of writing there is uncertainty because of coronavirus.
Each programme will consist of:
- “I am change” workshops to build mental toughness
- Basic skills development, including personal skills, social skills, self-management skill, social mobility and presentation skills
- A group mentoring programme covering study skills, self-control, stress and anger management, career opportunities, and activities designed to develop social skills and creative expression
- Development of career plans and employability skills for 16/17 year old participants and links with employers
- 1:1 reviews, phone support for parents and working with teachers to ensure aligned support